Twin walls can be used as standard cantilever retaining walls or more commonly, propped cantilever retaining walls depending on design requirements, making them ideal for basement retaining walls, and internal structural walls.
Advantages of Twin Walls
- Twin wall manufacture is based on an automatic production system, therefore overall lengths and prescribed reinforcement is always exact.
- Perfectly smooth surfaces on both faces are achieved during the manufacturing process which can be directly painted onto.
- Total wall thicknesses up to 400mm can be achieved.
- Twin walls can be used as standard cantilever retaining walls or more commonly, propped cantilever retaining walls depending on design requirements, making them ideal for basement retaining walls, and internal structural walls.
- Up to 16mm diameter reinforcement in both faces of solid wall can be catered for.
- Walls can be used as shear walls within a multi-storey building.
- Fully concreted connection at the end of the precast twin walls provide the required sound rating.
- Because of the reduced overall width of precast section, (max 150mm), wall length can be increased up to 12m while keeping wall weights to a minimum, thus reducing the requirement for large crane capacities on-site.
- Vertical ties are easily catered for on-site because of the initial hollow infill section between the precast wall sections, thus increasing the tolerance on starter bars cast into in situ foundations etc.
- Electrical socket outlets and conduits can be cast into both faces of the wall panel, conforming to BS standards and compatibility.
- M16 sockets are precast into panel face to take diagonal push pull props on-site thus, increasing installation speed and reducing damage to the panel on-site.
Alcrete technical experts and design engineers have extensive experience in a wide variety of precast pre-stressed concrete application and can provide assistance at any point from identifying the optimal structure arrangement.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Arthurstown, Ireland spans over 125,000 square foot. It provides an unsurpassed service in terms of speed, precision and quality, resulting in significant cost savings compared to traditional construction methods.
Alcrete Building Systems ensure the highest standards in servicing the needs of each project. We have a highly skilled and experienced Logistics team on hand to ensure that every product is delivered safely and efficiently to site.
Our qualified design team work with major contractors to develop value engineering solutions. Take a look at some of our completed projects here.